Dr. Jackson Maingi
- November 13, 2020
- Posted by: Envision Strategy
Jackson Maingi has a lot of training experience including the following:
- Certified Trainer by International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Member of the Professional Trainers Association of Kenya (PTAK)
- Worked as a part time lecturer at the United States University of Africa (USIU-A)
- Worked as a part time lecturer of Accountancy.
- Involved in the training of Sacco Directors on Courses of Corporate Governance
- Involved in the training of the courses; Effective Communication in the Workplace, The Strategic
- Management Process, Finance for Non-Finance Managers’ and Directors’ Training, Corporate
- Governance That Builds Value, Leadership and Governance, Board Effectiveness and Performance,
- Strategic Risk Management, and Sales and Marketing.
Jackson is also one of the big trainers in the area of Strategic Management. He has and continues being a leading trainer in Corporate Governance and Risk Management areas. He has undertaken trainings in the area of corporate governance in Kenya and in other countries including Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia Sudan and India. Jackson has been involved as a consultant in drafting three codes of corporate governance namely:
- The Code of Governance for Publicly Quoted companies (through CMA)
- The Code of Governance for Government-Owned Entities (Mwongozo)
- The Code of Governance for Private Companies
Relevant experience acquired from the employment environment,
- Trained and qualified as an auditor with Deloitte & Touche between 1983 and 1989.
- Worked as a Chief Accountant at Alico Kenya Ltd (now CFC Life) from 1989 to 1993.
- Worked as a Finance Manager & Company Secretary at British-American Insurance Company (K) Limited from 1993 to 1996.
- Worked as General Manager & Company Secretary at British-American Insurance Company (K) Limited from 1997 to 2002